Friday 3 August 2012

me and my ignorance

it's early of the months
2nd week of Ramadhan...
mentioning it like nobody here knows how to read the calendar..duhh~~

had a  tuberculosis (known as batuk kering in Malay) for nearly 2 weeks..
then suddenly last Tuesday, after sahur, i cough so badly before vomit out. there goes my meal T___T
consult physician nearby and she prescribe me with prednisolone..
according to her, the drug were suppose to help "make a way" in my lung for easy breathing and in case any "unwanted liquid" to be released thru coughing (my family members have history of asthma. both from my parents side. guess that's maybe one of the reasons the doctor prescribe me with such)
those medical terms sound very alienated to me.
duhh...though i've a science stream background during my high school.
guess after few years, the scientific words might have been replaced with lots of numbers and formula..alasan >__<

i was tired that time.
the whole day i spent sleeping...chaitt..puasa yang makruh T__T
so, by the time the pharmacist gives instruction to me, it goes like " yada...yada...yada...." in my head
went straight home, then after breaking fast, i stare down to the "drugs"

me and medicine doesnt have a very good r/ship.
i dont despise 'em. it's just that, i dont really have a reason to love 'em..
ubat adalah pahit. sila mengerti T__T

This is not my meds.  I dont take any pict of it. it was a random google's result. just for the sake of  your imagination...haha...
I got 4 plastic of meds, 3 were attached together with letter "A" "B" and "C"

the instruction as follows : 
"A" - 3 tablets, 2 times a day after meal
"B"- 2 tablets, 2 times a day after meal
"C" - 1 tablet, 2 times a day after meal

Additional facts to be taken into consideration:
1) I wasnt in stable physical conditions during my visit to clinic
2) I was still fasting despite all my "sahur" that went straight into the toilet that very morning (tak larat)
3) I guess I was in a hurry. Nak masak, yada yada yada....

I sort of like conclude that the letter indicate on the plastic was actually the steps to be taken. because all of them were to be taken twice a day. so, i went on gobble the "A" and wait a few while, then "B" and lastly "C"...

Nothing unusual happens except for I found it easier to breath and my coughing were not that bad as before and it follows with "some light coloured liquid with bubble"...so, i guess that the meds really have work. my chest doesnt felt that heavy anymore.

2nd day,

I took the meds like I did the 1st time, then all day I feel my mouth very dry. I'm not thirsty just it feels really dry. Luckily I'm in my menstrual cycle (ABC-Allah Bagi Cuti). So, I drank a lots of water to lessen the "dry" feeling inside my mouth.

3rd day,

This morning, while taking the meds, I "READ" (i purposely bold it to indicate that I was really paying attention to what i read) the name of the meds and I just realise that ALL the meds in "A", "B" and "C" is actually the SAME-Prednisolone.

Oh Oooo...then, I suddenly comes to my senses and remembered that the pharmacist/nurse do told me that I need to finish the meds according to the alphabetical order. Meaning, after finish "A" then I need to start the routine as per the instruction in "B" then only ends with "C"..I was like, matiklah overdose T___T

what?? overdose??


There u go, for not paying attention during the instruction given by the pharmacist/nurse. 
Some says, she gain weight and end up looks like balloon because of the dependency towards pred for a very long time.
Other says that pred was usually the last resort for asthma attack. 

Matik kutu la macam ni...Dada jadi sesak..Hai la Ida..of all the thing, chaittt..speechless

then, I google something that can be used as additional reading for pred. (what? , Q&A , others , side effects? )
fyi, i immediately stop taking pred. one of the reason is I dont want to add another few tablets to the overdose intake. takut my body havent really "process" it...

moral of the story:
-take a really good care of your health. especially when u are aware that u are very the lazy one when it comes to taking meds on routine
-when, somehow u still end up getting sick, please pay attention to any information given by the medical practitioner
-when, somehow ur attention do slip away during the briefing or what not, do your homework on what drugs u are eating. jangan jadi pak pandir. suruh telan, kau telan sajaa (*dalam kes ni, jangan jadi macam si ida tu...)
-do consult 3rd opinion when u are unsure. 3rd opinion must be of valid person with sound mind and knowledge/experience with such drugs (i.e-physican). jangan kau tanya atokmu yang rabun atau adikmu yang tak baligh. harus di lempang orang begini. bengong teramat...

i'm lucky that i realise it on my 3rd day. God knows what might happens if my ignorance maintain until the very last tablet. hew hew hew...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiking Fuji 2019 for the first time

Assalamualaikum.... Post kali ni panjang sikit sebab aku malas nak buat banyak2 part. 31 Ogos yang lepas, aku dan 10 lagi line up be...