Tuesday 7 March 2017

The change point

Life has its own mystery way of taking care of us. 
Some may call it fate (taqdir) but most of the time, it is us who shape our own future. Say for example, when you were stuck between two (or more) options, who make you do what you end up doing? --- It is you. 
Of course there would be external factor such as sign from God, advice from friends, families, colleague etc. but the decision is made by you and you yourself who get it going. 

So when something went wrong, ask yourself who is responsible for it before you start pointing finger to others. 

Recently, I came to a point where I was given an option - to stay or to change. I choose the later thou I feel the I can explore (and even earn) more if I decided to stay. 

I write this today to remind my future self these are the reason I choose to change: 
1. I don't want to live with 'what if' question lingering my thought;
2. I would like to challenge myself to go out of my comfort zone and try something new;
3. I want to improve my knowledge - diversification of knowledge;
4. I want to learn up and develop my analytical skills


The effective date for this transfer is May 1st and in between that there will be a knowledge transfer. And my new-but-soon-to-be-ex-boss share about the business planning which include among other, training and professional certification (Chartered Internal Auditor). I work in this department for 2.5 years and never once my boss (now transferred elsewhere) mention about training nor development. 

CIA was once my dream but this dream is no longer valid as I will no longer doing IA. I would be lying if I say I am not emotionally effected by the news. Somewhere in me blame myself because I am losing the opportunity to be CIA. 

However, I would rather regard this as 'temporary distraction' and I am confidence that my future self will thank me for this decision. Why do I say so?

I had this similar feeling few times back when:
1. I decided to take science stream thou I end up getting 6C in Physic, Chemistry and Biology
2. I decided to let go offer from ALAM and pursue my study in Accountancy
3. I resigned from Sales Admin to Internal Audit consultant
4. I resigned from KFC to focus on my professional job
5. I changed from IA consultant to in-house IA

Along the way during those 'transition', I do feel regret of my choices but in the end, all is well and Alhamdullilah it brought me to where I am now. 

 

So, dear future Ida,

The journey will not be getting easier nor harder. It is just different. And you just need to keep on moving to know whether you can do it or not. 

Wondering and worrying of the uncertainties give you nothing but waste of time. 

You might be looking back and comparing yourself to me (your past) but trust me, you will learn to love it once you see and feel the benefit. 

Smile and cheers to the unknown future :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiking Fuji 2019 for the first time

Assalamualaikum.... Post kali ni panjang sikit sebab aku malas nak buat banyak2 part. 31 Ogos yang lepas, aku dan 10 lagi line up be...